In this section we add graphical interfaces to our programs so
that the user can modify parameters and control the running of the
- Histogram Display with User Interface
- building from the histogram example in Chapter
6: Tech : Histogram Plot, we add buttons for control and a
textfield for input to illustrate the basics of creating a user
interface for a graphics program. The demo
uses the same HistPanel
component used in the previous example.
- Non-uniform Probability Distributions
- while a flat, uniform random number generator is available in
the core language, other types of distributions are often required.
This section discusses the Transformation technique for
obtaining a probability distribution from a uniform distribution.
The Gaussian distribution is used as an example.
- Rejection Method for generating
arbitrary shaped probability distributions.
- Histogram Statistics - a subclass
provides statistical information on the data.
- Exercises - expand on the demo